At Cheeky Monkey’s Day Nursery, we follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, a Government framework that focusses on development and learning for children from birth up to the age of five.
As part of the EYFS goals, we must ensure that all children:
- make good progress and learn well
- are kept healthy and safe
- are “school ready” by the time they reach the age of five
- have a broad range of knowledge and skills
- have a learning and development programme drawn up that is appropriate to their own stage of development
In addition, we must demonstrate:
- a strong partnership with parents and/or carers
- robust safeguarding practices
- equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
Staff plan activities every day, carefully balancing structured play and child-led fun, where children choose what they want to do. This means that no matter how old your child is, we make sure all learning at Cheeky Monkey’s Day Nursery is fun and stimulating.
To enable staff to track progress and prepare for the next stage of development all children have individual learning journey.
More information on the EYFS can be found atwww.foundationyears.org.uk